Gold Bar Farmer’s Market Rules
Gold Bar Farmers Market aims to create a local food infrastructure for long-term sustainability and meaningful community impact. We seek producers, programs, and partnerships that uphold environmental, social, and economic integrity. We select a diverse group of vendors for each of our markets to provide our customers with access to the highest quality fresh and local food. No spots are guaranteed, and all selected vendors will be considered probationary in the first season. The criteria outline below will be strictly enforced and is subject to audit.
GBFM supports primary producers. We do not allow the resale of any product at our markets without prior approval.
All vendors must possess a valid Washington State Business License, also referred to as a UBI number. A City of Gold Bar Business License is required of all nursery, craft and prepared food vendors. For more information contact City Hall at
Gold Bar City Hall Main Line: 360.793.1101
Fax: 360.793.2282 (for Final Utility Requests please contact email@example.com )
Mailing Address: 107 5th Street, Gold Bar WA 98251
*Vendors selling edible or topical products must obtain general and product liability insurance.
*Vendors must comply with all requirements set forth by Department of Health, the Washington Department of Agriculture, and/ or the USDA, and obtain any and all permits and licenses required by local and State law, including, but not limited to a business license. Vendors who are found not adhering to GBFM by-laws and regulations of local and State laws are subject to review.
Products that may be sold at GBFM markets include the following:
• Vegetables grown by the seller from seeds, seedlings, or sets, fruits, berries or nuts grown on a tree, bush or vines on the seller’s farm. • Plants grown by the seller from seed, seedling, or transplant. • Eggs produced by the seller’s poultry. • Honey produced by the seller’s bees. Fresh baked goods and prepared food items must be made from scratch by the seller. • Fresh cut flowers grown on the seller’s farm. Foraging is an acceptable practice. Foraged products must be approved by the GBFM Director of Operations prior to sale.
GBFM supports sustainable farming practices.
• We use Organic and Certified Naturally Grown standards as the baseline for selecting vendors, although we do not require vendors to be USDA
• Certified Organic. Any pesticides, herbicides, GMO seeds or synthetic fertilizers must be disclosed at the time of the application. If accepted to vend at any GBFM, written approval from the Director of Operations must be obtained prior to goods entering the market that do not meet Organic/ CNG standard. GBF M supports small, local, and diversified farms.
• Reselling is not permitted without approval. We may permit you to sell a colleague’s products if the farm has undergone GBFM approval and you receive prior written approval from the Director of Operations.
• Foraged products are acceptable, but all foraged food must be pre-approved by the Market Manager and clearly labeled as “wild” or “foraged”.
PREPARED FOOD PRODUCTS:
• All foods must be prepared in a kitchen certified by Department of Agriculture, Department of Health or USDA. All products must be made by you or your staff: (i.e.: if you sell cookies, you must make the cookies from scratch).
• If selling packaged food items, all vendors must have Food Sales Establishment License and Department of Agriculture approved labels.
• All prepared food must have ingredients list on the label.
Prepared food vendors, vendors who provide samples of their products, and food processors must comply with the rules and procedures of the Snohomish Health District. For information on health permits and requirements contact Snohomish Health District, 3020 Rucker, Suite 104; Everett, WA, (425) 339-5250
ARTISAN OR CRAFTER:
GBFM exists to support farmers and local food producers, however we feature regular and occasional artists and crafters. Artists and crafters are strongly encouraged to use items and create products that relate to the mission of our markets.
BATH & BODY PRODUCTS:
Bath & Body products must be properly labeled with product name, uses and ingredients.
Booth and Displays
Each Vendor will be assigned a 10×10 space. (Please note that you may be limited to one space dependent on the number of applicants.)
Each Vendor is required to provide their own 10×10 canopy (in good condition), stakes, weights and be prepare for inclement weather.
All tables and displays are the responsibility of individual vendors.
Hours, Set Up and Breakdown
Gold Bar Farmer’s Market Hours are 11:00 am – 4:00 pm, Early Departure or Booth Breakdown will result in Vendor not being invited to return. Set up will be Saturday Mornings Starting at 9:30 am. All vehicles must be moved to the parking area by 10:45 am. All vendors are required to keep their booths open until 4:00 pm. It is then recommended that you have everything packed up and broke down before you go to retrieve your vehicle. Tear down must be complete within 1 hour of the market close, unless otherwise permitted by the Market Manager
If you bring your children with you for the day they are your responsibility. The Gold Bar Farmers Market will not be responsible for their safety.
Fees and Dates of Operation and Contact Info.
Gold Bar Farmers Market begins on June 2nd, 2018 and will continue EVERY OTHER SATURDAY thru October 6th, 2018. All vendors will be required to pay in advance for their booth fees. You may choose bi-weekly, monthly payments or a season payment. Regardless, all fees are due by the Friday before market day. If you choose a season payment you will guarantee your spot, even if you are unable to attend all markets. Please do not send payment until your Application has been approved. All booths, regardless of how many Market Days are prepaid, are $25.00 each Market Day. IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND JULY 27 28 29 WITH GOLD DUST DAYS, fill out an application at http://www.skyvalleychamber.com
In consideration of the acceptance of this application, the applicant agrees to save and hold harmless all officers, employees, agents and volunteers of the Gold Bar Farmers Market Group, Gold Bar Farmers Market, BSFN, WSDOT and the Town of Gold Bar from any loss or damage whatsoever to persons or property arising out of participation in the Farmers Market and further agrees, to defend said personnel from claims or damage related hereto. Your application will be deemed incomplete if it is not signed. Your signature indicts that you have read, understand and agree to all rules stated within. Once your application is approved you will be contacted for payment. Initial payment must be made by May 26th, 2018.
Primary contact: Rosalyn Santerre
By accepting the terms of this document, I am certifying that I have read and understand the rules of the Gold Bar Farmers Market and agree to abide by them.
*I certify that I am in compliance with all federal, state and municipal licensing requirements for my business.
*I agree to an inspection to verify the authenticity of my business if necessary.
*I agree to hold harmless and release the Gold Bar Farmers Market and town of Gold Bar and any agents thereof from any and all claims to property and person(s), loss, damage or theft which may arise out of, or occur to persons(s) display or inventory while participating in the Gold Bar Farmers Market.
*I understand that the Market Manager has the right to refuse service and submittal of this application does not guarantee placement at the Snohomish Farmers Market.
*I understand that vendors are responsible for collecting and reporting sales tax.
*I understand that sales are not guaranteed.
*I understand and will adhere to all the Gold Bar Farmers Market Rules & Guidelines as outlined here.
*I understand that I am responsible for promoting my own business, and advertising to obtain customers to the Gold Bar Farmer’s Market.
Vendor Fees are:
o $25 per Market Day when pre-paid for individually (Single 10×10 space)
o $25 per Market Day when pre-paid for by month (2 market weeks.) Weeks do not need to be consecutive to qualify.
Fees are collected IN ADVANCE for future Market Days and are non-refundable. Vendors may include following week(s) fees inside their Vendor Packets or bring to Market Manager enclosed in an envelope noting Vendor Name & Dates Paid. No vendor will be setting up a booth unless they have PRE PAID before the start of the Market Day.